This section outlines the information that explains our private policy for our Sites.
When visiting our Sites, you may opt in to provide us with your email address in order to receive information about plans (“gifphts”). You may also provide us with your name, email address, and, optionally, a phone number if you choose to contact us with a question or to provide us with feedback through our Sites.
We collect the following information when you sign up for a gifphter account on our Sites:
• First name, last name & email address:When you choose to “gifpht”,we will create an internal account profile with your name and email address so that we attribute current and future gifphts properly to you. We use this information to correspond with you regarding transactional activity, which may include confirmation emails, receipts, and updates on gifphts you have processed. We will also send you recommendations for Page 1 of 8gifphts to support according to your indicated interests, from which you can unsubscribe through your account.
• Gift codes and Giving Pages:When you gifpht using a gifpht code, or in support of a Gifphting Page, we may share your full name with the entity or individual that funded the gift code, or who administers the Gifphting Page, respectively.
• Promo Codes:When you gifpht using a promo code(if available) provided by one of our partners, we may share your full name with the partner who funded the promo code. We will also share your email address if needed to verify your eligibility for a promo code.
• Display name, location, & comments:When you gifpht, you will have the option to choose a name to be displayed next to your gifpht. Your display name, location, and any comments you include shall be deemed to be public information, which means it is non-confidential and Alil- Help.com shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to it. This information will be publicly posted on the project page you have given to.
Teachers, Mentors, Organizations, Family and Friends(“Gifpters”)
We collect the following information when you sign up for a teacher, mentor, organization, family, or friend (gifpters) account on our Sites. Gifphers who gifpht will also be required to share the information listed under the “Gifphter” section above.
• First name, last name, & school information:Publicly, we’ll use the display name you choose to share (for example, “Ms. B”) along with your school name and location. This publicly displayed name will be treated Page 2 of 8as non-confidential, and be used to identify your gifphts on Alil- Help.com and through any of our social media sharing tools.
• Email address:We use your email address to set up your account, through which you can access specific services such as creating and sending a plan and completing a thank-you package. We also use it to correspond with you regarding your project(s) and use of our Sites, possibly deliver a monthly newsletter, and contact you about special opportunities.
• Cell phone number:When we’re not able to reach you by email, we will use your cell phone number to contact you about actions required for your project or funding opportunities in your area. We may use pre- recorded messages and autodialed calls to reach you. We currently are not collecting phone numbers.
• Photos:We require that you obtain prior written permission from the parent or legal guardian of each student for any photos that include images of students, and present those permission slips to Alia-Help.com upon request at any time.
This section outlines the optional information for Gifphters.
We may also collect the following information from you should you choose to share it with us.
Password:You can always log into your account through a link emailed to the email address we have on file, but you may also opt to set up a password for your account. We will never share your password, and you agree to not share it, too.
This section outlines the personal data we collect.
Alil-Help.com collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our services. You may provide some of this data directly, and we may get some of it by collecting it via your interactions, use, and Page 3 of 8experiences with our products. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Alil-Help.com and the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. We also obtain data about you from third parties. An example would be teachers entering your email address to send plans (“gifphts”).
We may collect and combine information when you interact with Alil- Help.com Services including:
• Device Information.We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), including information about how you interact with our Services and those of our third-party partners and information that allows us to recognize and associate your activity across devices and Services. This information includes device specific identifiers and information such as IP address, cookie information (allaboutcookies.org),mobile device and advertising identifiers, browser version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data. We may recognize your devices to provide you with personalized experiences and advertising across the devices you use.
• Location Information.We collect location information from a variety of sources.
Alil-Help.com uses the data we collect to provide you with rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
• Provide our services and products, which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request.
• Improve and develop our services and products.
• Personalize our services and products and make recommendations.
• Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you with relevant offers.
• Provide, maintain, improve, and develop relevant features, content, and Services.
• Analyze your content and other information (including emails, instant messages, posts photos, attachments, and other communications).
• Fulfill your requests and when authorized by you.
• Help advertisers and publishers connect to offer relevant advertising in their apps and websites.
• Match and serve targeted advertising (across devices and both on and off of our Services) and provide targeted advertising based on your device activity, inferred interests and location information.
• Contact you with information about your account or with marketing messages, which you can also control.
• Associate your activity across our Services and your different devices as well as associate any accounts you may use across Alil-Help.com services together. We may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID.
• Carry out or support promotions.
• Conduct research and support innovation.
• Create analytics and reports for external parties, including partners, publishers, advertisers, apps, third-parties and the public regarding the use of and trends within our Services and ads, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences. These analytics and reports may include aggregate or pseudonymized information.
• Combine information we have about you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies, such as your activities on other sites and apps.
• Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
• We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
• New Ownership. If the ownership or control of all or part of Alil- Help.com or a specific Services changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts or obtain from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience, to make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes.
Your privacy is important to us, and we use physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to preserve the security of your personal information and protect it from unauthorized use or disclosure. When you purchase a gifpht on our site, information about your purchase is transmitted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and payment information is tokenized so that it’s never stored on our servers. We store data in cloud-based environments that use firewalls and other industry- standard protections in an effort to prevent access from outside intruders. Access to data is limited to those individuals who need it in order to perform their business function and protected wherever possible by two- factor authentication. Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of data over the internet (including by email) is never completely secure.
We will retain user account information for as long as needed to provide our services, comply with our contractual or legal obligations, audit requirements, resolve disputes, and prevent abuse. We also retain deidentified, aggregate information about activity related to projects submitted and funded on our Sites, to understand and gain insights into how schools are being supported through our Sites. We publish this information in reports available at data.donorschoose.org.
Our Services are for a general audience. Although we send gifphts to those under 18, We do not knowingly collect, use, or share information that could reasonably be used to identify children under age 13 without prior parental consent or consistent with applicable law.
Alil-Help.com may process information related to individuals in the EU/EEA and may transfer that information from the EU/EEA through various compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU/EEA Standard Contractual Clauses. By using our Services, you consent to us transferring information about you to these countries.
• Questions & Suggestions
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at:
PO Box 562911
Miami, Fl 33256